touch friendly web site design

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by surferfromuk, Oct 15, 2007.

1. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

As amazing as the touch is at web surfing i'd like to see web sites become more touch friendly ;

1 white space down left hand side for vertical scrolling
    2 bigger 'next page' numbering on forums
    3 clean thread links - move members ID from
    topic forum title into its own space on the right after the title
    4 double line spacing on column and row page' selectors

Anyone got any other ideas ?

2. SpikeX macrumors member

None of these ideas are valid. You can zoom in enough to be able to tap individual numbers, and the whole thing is built to know when you scroll or when you tap. So the whitespace idea would really just waste what little space there is on the phone.

Some sites have iPod/iPhone specific sites (like mine) that change the layout for MobileSfarai, but any other website looks fine.

Now, what we really need to see is some simple flash, kinda like on the PSP.

3. surferfromuk thread starter macrumors 65816

well take this thread as an example : the grey block at the side is just wasted space and would be a great scroll zone if the members profile link was at the end of the title post. Now im not suggesting it need be that big but i can read this forum perfectly well without having to zoom and these little touches would just remove the occasional accidental link click that i bet all touch users are making

4. dellavoce macrumors regular

Not for nuthin', but ilounge.com has an ipod touch version of their site. It's kind of nice, but admittedly, unneccessary

5. gtstate09 macrumors newbie

the best website I have used foe the touch so far would have to be facebook, its really cool just how sleek and clean the iPhone/touch version is. It really feels like it should be its own app.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

And its cleaner than regular Facebook, none of the Applications crap...I wish they made a fullsized version of it...