touch has been bricked

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by mowlavie, Nov 22, 2007.

1. mowlavie macrumors member

Hi everyone, my ipod touched totaly bricked during the jailbreaking process. I do not know what to do; all it does it completly restarts over and over again. Ive tried everything like restoring it to factory setting, but It still continues the same problem. I just bought it from target a week ago, should I return it there and would they accept it or should I send it back to apple. Thanks members for all your hard work and commitment in the forums!!:)

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Too bad for you. I guess you should have listened to Apple and not screwed around with your purchase. Sorry to say but you deserve it.

3. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Why bother posting something like that?

Anyways, have you tried forcing the iPod Touch into "restore" mode:

While connected to the computer hold the home button and lock button.
    Ignore the slide to power off. When you see the Apple logo, RELEASE THE LOCK BUTTON - NOT THE HOME BUTTON, keep holding until the iTunes recognizes it as an Apple restore device.

4. iApplemasteru macrumors newbie

dude i feel bad 4 u man

dude go to target and tell them that u tried to sync and it froze then u tried to restart it but it malfunctioned and it keeps restarting:eek:

5. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

True.

If you want to be a "hacker" then deal with the consequences of your actions. And no, don't defraud either Apple or Target by taking back a device that you recklessly broke.

Sorry about your iPod Touch, though.

6. mowlavie thread starter macrumors member

Dude Im gona do what u told me, lol, Yea that bricked ipod really suckz for me right now, all the rest of u guzy are just hatin, it happins sometimez :eek:

7. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

definitely give this a try, it seems to work for most people

8. iApplemasteru macrumors newbie

dude i feel bad 4 u man 2

hey dude wen u go to target, u have to lay down the law, be the boss,a tell them this, yo dude a week a go i bought this piece of crap and it froze on me and doesnt work u place it or else!:eek: (keep a steady face:eek:) thats garrentied to work 4 ya! next time u got a problem post me a comment im here 4 ya!:eek:!

9. Ubercolios macrumors newbie

Wow...you realize how unethical that is? You're lying to others in order to get a new iPod Touch because you're not willing to accept and admit what you did. You chose to hack the iPod Touch, and Apple's given warnings on what that can do. If you choose to do so, then you should have fully expected the consequences.

10. iApplemasteru macrumors newbie

now I need ur helps

dude u inspired me to hack my iPod I have wanted to b4 but was scared to if u have a safe and easy way to jailbreak pleaseee tell me:eek: or if u no some1 tell me:eek: thank you :eek:

11. JWest macrumors 6502

Ugh. Ok here's the thing:

a) Know what you're doing before trying
    b) It's not bricked. It can be restored using one of several tricks, but I'm too lazy to post them
    c) Try looking in one of the millions of other "OMG I BRICKZORED MY ITOUCHZ! WHAT I DO?!!?!??" threads for other solutions
    d) For future reference, hardware mods are really the only way that you can truly brick a touch, so don't freak out if it happens again.

12. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

Ease up on the :eek: emoticon. It barely makes sense in the contexts you're using. Also, I'm asking nicely, can you please learn how to spell and write coherently.

On topic, to the OP, you probably haven't bricked it. Just do a force restore like everyone else suggests.

:apple:Matt

13. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Nice to see the forums moral police are out in force :rolleyes:

14. superted macrumors newbie

wonder if you'd practice what you preach if it was your iPod Touch that had bricked...

15. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

christ its not bricked it doesn't need to go back to target, you obviously never tried to restore correctly just follow the below as posted by Sedulous and you will have a fully working touch again, make sure you have the 1.1.1 restore ipsw file.

when it has recognised the touch in recovery, hold down the shift key (pc) or the options key (mac) then press restore, now make sure you point itunes to the 1.1.1 restore file, you can download this here make sure you put it in a place you will remember, navigate to it then hit open and itunes will hopefully restore to 1.1.1 and then when restored point the touch's safari at jailbreakme.com and it will auto jailbreak.

when jailbroken DONT DO ANYTHING ELSE JUST USE INSTALLER............ was that a bit dramatic? lol

16. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

The OP deserves no less than scolding. His little faux-hacker mentality is clearly deficient because he can't accept the consequences of what he did. Why would I encourage him to take advantage of a lax return policy? He doesn't deserve a new one.

17. mowlavie thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

hey thnxit really helped ,nowitz back working!!!

18. Aelyrin macrumors member

This thread gave me 2.5 minutes of entertainment, I thank you all.

19. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

He doesn't need a new iPod... he can just as easily fix his iPod as he broke it. It's JUST software. The hacks don't modify the hardware of the unit, so as long as you follow the instructions that everyone else gave you, you'll be all set. I don't think I've ever seen someone who has actually completely bricked their iPods. They usually just freak out like you and return them or they FOLLOW the proper instructions about FORCING it in to RESTORE MODE and simply restore the iPod to factory settings. That's all. The jailbreak cannot "brick" your iPod.

20. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I really wish you people would keep your damn noses out of this sort of thing. It doesn't help the OP and it certainly doesn't make you look any better.

21. Butthead2007 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. Connect your ipod to another PC and it sohuld work.

22. mowlavie thread starter macrumors member

Thnx man, i love the way u have been all nice and all :) , some people in the forum can become really mean ! well im glad mine is working now!!