Touch ID Broken 8.0.2

Stacked

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Is anyone having issues with Touch ID after updating to iOS 8.0.2 ? Ever since the update almost 70% of the time when I go to unlock the phone with my fingerprint it tells me "try again". Only way to get it working (not always) is to wipe the touch ID button with my shirt. Btw yes I made sure my fingers and the touch id were clean.:(

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
just tried it on my iphone 6, it is different than 8.0 but for me it works every time or at least the 10 times in a row i tried it, if i hold my thumb on the home button for about 0.4 seconds instead of the near instant tap i was able to do on ios 8.0, if i do it too fast it doesnt say try again though it just does nothing

AntnyMikal

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
My 6+ works, I have noticed that it takes a second longer sometimes though compared to how it was at first or with my 5S.

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Is anyone having issues with Touch ID after updating to iOS 8.0.2 ? Ever since the update almost 70% of the time when I go to unlock the phone with my fingerprint it tells me "try again". Only way to get it working (not always) is to wipe the touch ID button with my shirt. Btw yes I made sure my fingers and the touch id were clean.:(
Have you tried erasing all your finger prints and re-enter them again?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Here is a trick to make TouchID work more consistently. If you primarily use a couple of fingers to unlock, say your thumb and index finger, record each one two times. So for 2 fingers you have 4 saved prints. Makes an improvement.

southerndoc

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
USA
Here is a trick to make TouchID work more consistently. If you primarily use a couple of fingers to unlock, say your thumb and index finger, record each one two times. So for 2 fingers you have 4 saved prints. Makes an improvement.
I did that with my 5S and again with my 6. I rarely have problems with TouchID because I enrolled my right thumb 3 times and right index finger twice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.