Touch ID bug or Hardware Fault?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kidder1994, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Kidder1994 macrumors regular

Hello!, i'm looking if someone here have any issue with Touch ID in 9.1? actually it works very good, but sometimes i turn on the screen and put on my finger but the sensor does not even recognize that my finger is touching the button... after i move the screen around (like siri and notification center) i put my finger again and start to work flawlessly... it happens randomly... it is a bug or could be a hardware fault?

iPhone 6S 64GB Space Gray.

Thx in Advance!

2. Anneks macrumors member

Anneks

This is a common problem with iOS 9.1 unfortunately, customers have tried rebooting thier iPhones, clearing and re-adding fingerprints only for the problem to come back again, in the mean time it looks like we have to wait for a new update from Apple.

3. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

Anneks, thx for your response, actually im on iOS 9.2 Public Beta 3, i believed that the problem was gone for good, but today it happened again... actually im begging this is not a hardware problem D:

4. Anneks macrumors member

Anneks

No problem, I just saw an article that claims that iOS 9.2 Public Beta has not yet solved the Touch ID problem so it might not be a hardware issue.

Here's the article: http://mashable.com/2015/11/06/touch-id-ios-9-1-bugs/#i3UIoxj8VkqK

5. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

Update: i went to the apple reseller here in my city to ask about this issue... they said that i should keep looking this after an official update to see if they fix the problem...

They considered that it is difficult to be a hardware issue because when these fails occurs the Touch ID stops working completely and this seems more like a bug in the OS.

Anyway, they assured me that if the problem keeps happening they will send my iphone to apple to ask a replacement. so i'm more calm about it

Oh and i send the issue to apple via the Feedback App.

I hope this helps anyone who is in the same situation. :)

6. Anneks macrumors member

Anneks

Glad to see it wasn't a hardware issue :)