touch id doesn't work after updating to 9.1 and 9.2 (iP6)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yasserSpears, Nov 8, 2015.

1. yasserSpears macrumors newbie

yasserSpears

hey guys, today i decided to lose jailbreak and i updated to 9.1 ( restore in itunes-iphone 6), but my surprise was that everytime i try to use the touch id it said: try again, all the time, so i went to settings, delete all of them and tried to add my fingers again, but the phone would say: Finger unread, try another finger, something like that. So i decided to restore again and it was the same, then i decided to test 9.2 beta 2 and the touch id doesn't work either, but i dont want to restore to 9.1 because the 9.2 beta is smooth as hell, even the spotlight lag is gone and everything feels like 8.4.1 again, what can i do? :(

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I don't root phones anymore and not familiar with restoring after a jailbreak. But, would you need to have fully wiped and do a clean install. Or, did you just restore over the jailbreaked iOS. Not sure on Apple, but with Android installing without wiping phone could cause issues from any left over data that didn't get cleared.

3. yasserSpears thread starter macrumors newbie

yasserSpears

i put the phone in dfu mode and restored in itunes

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

ok, from my limited knowledge it seems that the iPhone was erased. if i was still on Android, I would try another restore. hopefully someone smarter than me will get you sorted. :)

5. vesivakumar macrumors newbie

Ever since I updated to 9.1 on my air2 and 5s, Touch ID works only intermittently. I have read many other forums and that seems to be the common consensus. Hopefully 9.2 will fix the issue.