Touch ID doesn't work in one room in my house

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PsychOK, May 24, 2017.

1. PsychOK macrumors member

Has anyone else had this happen? I can't unlock my phone in my office unless I punch in my password. I'm not sure if it's the lighting in the room or something else. Touch ID works fine everywhere else.

Iphone 7 Plus

2. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

This is pretty cool! While I have no idea why, it would be interesting to understand.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the rooms and more to do with you. You're probably either warmer or colder because of the environment or because of the tasks you're performing, and it affects the temperature or moisture of your fingers.

If you walk right into that room or any other room and attempt to unlock your device, there is most likely no difference.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I guess the OP could try set up their Touch ID again in the place it wasn't working.

But if it works there and nowhere else after doing that, my money's on haunted room. :D

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Good call. I hadn't even considered other-worldly influences!

6. DevinNj macrumors regular

Interesting. Try registering other fingers or even the same finger as "other fingers" and yes, do it in the room where it doesn't work.

7. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

It could be cosmic rays or tachyons bombarding the area. Look for any building that has FF or TS logo and tell them to lower the output.

8. chrfr macrumors 603

Is this when your phone is plugged in?

9. PsychOK thread starter macrumors member

Just checking back into this thread. That would make sense as the room tends to get a bit stuffy, but my hands don't ever get sweaty and on top of that I can leave the room and enter another and I can get into my phone again. It's bizarre.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2017 ---
    Both
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2017 ---
    Funny