Touch ID Failed Immediately On Setup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by redmeister, Sep 19, 2014.

1. redmeister macrumors 6502

iPhone 6 setup for Touch ID immediately says failed and won't even give me an opportunity to scan my print.

Same error as this video:
    http://youtu.be/f620pz-Dyk0

Selected "set up later" and went to settings to set it up that way, but it does the exact same thing and I can't set it up.

Is this phone a lemon? Thanks in advance or any suggestions or ideas.

2. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

This happened to me also. I believe the glitch happens when you accidentally push the button all the way down during the finger print learning process. The solution is to quit out of the settings app and remove it from the background (double tap home button). Then start over.

3. redmeister thread starter macrumors 6502

^^^ Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that's not the problem because I can't even get to the scanning portion to begin with. It immediately says failed before I can even put a print on the scanner. The video above shows exactly what's happening.

4. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

That's exactly what it did to me. I just quit out of settings, removed it from the background apps, restarted settings from scratch and the error cleared.

If that doesn't work try rebooting.

5. Mariglenmusta macrumors newbie

Mariglenmusta

I have exactly the same problem with my iphone 6. I am hoping for a solution as well

Attached Files: