Touch ID in the App Store is pointless...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iBreatheApple, Sep 21, 2014.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Touch ID in the App Store is pointless if it asks me for my password more than 50% of the time. Does anyone know why it does this? And it's not after a restart of the phone. Even so, I don't understand why Touch ID isn't accepted after a reboot anyway, but I digress.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. Ewan Hoozarmy macrumors regular

Ewan Hoozarmy

Try reconfirming your credit card details and try again

3. sekazi macrumors 6502

PayPal is no longer supported with quickpay. If you are using PayPal then that is likely the reason.

4. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I don't use PayPal. It's linked to my debit card. Sometimes it gives me a touch ID option, others it's just the password. I can still make purchases all the time, though.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Do you restart your phone often? Each and every time you restart your phone you'll be forced to put in your pw in the store

6. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I almost never restart my phone. Is this not a common issue? I thought for sure it was. It happened on my 5S and is happening on my 6. I don't understand why it would be unique to me. And I'm constantly buying music and such.

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Im not really too sure as i don't buy apps often. Ive used touch id multiple times but its also asked for my password at times too.

Im with you that with touch id we should forego the password as a whole for purchases.

8. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

More than the mere fact that I don't want to type my password, I want to know what justifies if it's going to give me the Touch ID option or not. Whether I'm 'buying' a free app or spending money one, it randomly decides what option it wants to provide me with; iTunes as well.

9. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Think if you haven't bought anything for a period of time it resets and ask for your password. Somrhign like 48hrs maybe though I think the time is longer.

If you haven't unlocked your iPhone in 48hrs it asks for password. See bellow. I'd assume its the same for app store but I believe the time is longer because Im sure I have gone longer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5949?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US