Touch ID issue... and other random glitches...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1080p, Nov 9, 2013.

1. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

My touch ID doesn't seem very accurate. Maybe 6 out of 10 times it will work. But aside from that... it is weird... I can wipe the button with a micorfiber cloth to a mirror finish, but touch it once and a weird smudge appears... and it is the same smudge... the same shape always. It will seemingly disappear with a wipe with cloth... but always come back with a touch with any finger. Could this be part of the reading issue? Also having random crashes to the Apple logo and Random app crashes.

Genius bar? Yay? Nay?

2. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I have been having the same issues. I made a post in this thread about the Touch ID issues I have been having...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1666120

TouchID had been working great for me since I got the iPhone 5s on Sept 25th. But I think it started a few weeks ago where Touch ID would stop working altogether and not even attempt to try and read my fingerprint (there was no "try again" message either).

3. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

Try re-registering your fingerprint.

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I'm on a much higher success rate, but still fails from time to time.
    Try saving multiple copies of the same fingerprint and see how it works out.

5. gCloud macrumors 6502a

Ran great for 2 weeks the suddenly barely works, tried restoring phone setting up as new, takes many attempts to get finger registered now, says to use different finger during registration, and when I manage to get a finger registered it does not work. Disabled touchid. Don't see what could changed since it was working great. Maybe my finger are mutating :)

6. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Yesterday, I deleted all my registered prints and just re-registered my right thumb to see of that makes a difference. So far so good.