Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larry918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
So I've had my iPhone for roughly one month now, and the home button/touch ID sensor seems to be experiencing some issues. The button is quite loose, mean that a light tap will push the button down 0.5mm but not activate the home button. Is this a defective iPhone, or natural?

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
So I've had my iPhone for roughly one month now, and the home button/touch ID sensor seems to be experiencing some issues. The button is quite loose, mean that a light tap will push the button down 0.5mm but not activate the home button. Is this a defective iPhone, or natural?

Great, Another "Touch ID issue" thread.

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Great, Another "Touch ID issue" thread.

So what you are saying is you have nothing to contribute?

I have had my phone since launch and don't have that issue. I would say it is it normal. My experience with home button issues in general is that they only get worse over time. I would take it in.

Emiz55

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2013
Touch id

My home button made a click noise and exchanged for 2 other ones, and also de loose power button wich when u record video and turn the phone it recorsds the sound. The one i have now doesnt make the click ugly noise but the power button is the same.

Sometimes i have to do the touch id registering again. With e 3 iphones i tried.
Like it forget your fingerprints..:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.