Touch ID issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrJM, Jan 28, 2016.

1. MrJM macrumors 6502

MrJM

Hi everyone! I'm having some real issues with Touch ID not recognising my finger prints. It's generally been ok but the past few days has been really sketchy!

I've got an iPhone 6S running 9.2.1. I've deleted all the fingers and re-added them and still the same problem. Hands are clean and dry and the home button on my phone is clean too.

I really don't want to wipe it and start again. Got too much stuff on it!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

Do you really need 5 different fingers registered in the Touch ID? I don't. I almost always use my right thumb, so I put that in 3 of the slots and it seems to help. It almost never fails for me when using that thumb now.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Here is what I suggest doing. Do a back up on your device. If you have a computer, I suggest backing up there and make sure to select the encrypt data so that way it saves everything and that everything is back on to your device. Then factory restore the device and set up as new and test to see if the Touch ID works. If the issue still persist, likely it's the hardware issue. If not then likely it's an issue on your back up file that maybe corrupted.

If nothing works then it's a phone call to AppleCare or a trip to your closest Apple Store.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)