Touch ID issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cheffievrs, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Cheffievrs macrumors newbie

Cheffievrs

im having trouble opening password protected numbers documents with Touch ID on my iPad Pro, no problems with my iPhone or MacBook Pro..

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

2. flaubert macrumors member

I would suggest that you turn off Touch ID to clear out any stored fingerprints, and then turn it on again and re-enter fingerprints. Perhaps the day that you initially stored finger information your hands weren't clean, or perhaps you've added a screen protector since then that makes it more difficult for your finger to contact the sensor. In any case, you'll probably do better with a fresh impression. Also, some people just have more problems with Touch ID than others; if this applies to you, sometimes you can improve your odds by storing the same finger in multiple slots of the Touch ID database - the firmware doesn't really know or care if you give it different fingers when adding another fingerprint.

If this doesn't correct the problem it is probably time for a visit to the Genius Bar for service.