Touch ID lost fingerprints

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
This morning I woke up and used it for a few hours. Then I had to reboot and put in my passcode to unlock. After that it wouldn't unlock with my fingerprint. So I checked touch ID settings. No fingerprints setup.

Anyone have this happen?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I've only lost mine when I've restored via iTunes or performed a "Erase all content and settings" from the phone.

Gator1pk

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
Happened to me as well

I didn't do a restore or any reset. Just the touchid simply would not work yesterday. I checked my setting and the fingerprints were gone. I had to redo them. No back to normal. But they shouldn't delete by themselves either.:mad:

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Never happened to me, but something similar. Whenever I have the Twitter open and then let it auto-lock without exiting the app, TouchID won't work at all. It won't even say "Try Again" - just the code works. New Twitter update fixed this. Maybe a long shot, but have you installed a new apps lately that may contribute to this?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I woke up one day to find my iPhone 5s said I didn't even have a fingerprint reader. Only fix was a new phone.

jlaustill

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2014
Just happened to me

This just happened to me today. I went into the settings and it was simply turned off. Turned it back on, re-registered all my prints, and now it is working fine. But I have only had this phone for 4 days! If this happens frequently it is going to be super annoying!

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Whoa. Seems like more than just a one off
There are 10 million iphone 5s out there. Six people post a problem. Basically .00006%. :eek:

Anyway I lost my fingerprints, but I know exactly what happened. I forgot my phone password and asked corporate hotline for a reset. After reset fingerprints no longer worked...I had to re-enter them. Had the phone since Nov. 9 months without any touch id issues.