Touch ID not working any more on iPhone 6 Plus...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Laurence Eckert, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Laurence Eckert macrumors member

When I first got my iPhone 6 Plus, Touch ID was working flawlessly, not it is failing to recognize my finger print when unlocking my device or authorizing purchases. I have removed the fingerprints in hopes that it would fix the issue but the problem persists. Can someone help me with this?

2. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

When I had the 5s I had this problem with my first 5s. Have you tried to scan the same finger more than once? Try setting up like 2 or three scans of the finger you use most. With my 5s it would work perfectly for a few days then stop working again. After 2 months of trying to re-scan my finger over and over again, I returned to Apple. They replaced my original 5s and I never had issues with the scanner again. My 6+ I have had since launch day, I entered 1 finger print scan when I set up my 6+, It works perfectly every time. I scan on set up day, no issues at all. If I were you I'd make an appt. at Apple and exchange it. I have no idea why I waited for 2 months with my 5s, I kept thinking I was scanning it wrong. Lol I wasn't. My 2nd 5s worked flawlessly from the first scan after set up. Go to Apple. It really works 100%, every time unless my finger is wet. let us know how it comes out.

3. PanAm-L1011 macrumors 6502

^^^^^ Great advice. Also scan your finger in the direction that you naturally place it on the home button to unlock. I had origanally scanned it with the tip of my thumb pointing straight upwards. I rescanned it so the tip of my thumb points straight to the left (ie my thumb is parallel to the top of the screen) and it works so much better.