Touch ID not working in some apps under iOS 10

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Morac, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

I've found a handful of apps where the Touch ID prompt either never displays or the option to enable Touch ID in the app doesn't show up (iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.0.3, iPad Air 2 running iOS 10.0.2). Most apps work fine, but some don't.

Does anyone know if Touch ID changed in iOS 10?

2. chillg8r macrumors regular

chillg8r

I'm having the same issue with my new iPhone 7. I didn't have the issue with my iPhone 6.

3. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

All okay here. What are the apps you're having trouble with?

4. chillg8r macrumors regular

chillg8r

Last pass, Capital one.... The capital one app says that it is a "connectivity error"?

I am also having problems with my Yamaha Network player app but that is not a touch ID issue. And I cannot get the remote app to work with my Apple TV or with iTunes anymore.

5. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I tried LastPass yesterday as they've announced they're going free, it was working for me. I'll state the obvious, hard reset?

6. chillg8r macrumors regular

chillg8r

Haha, I can't tell you how many times I've reset EVERY device I have in my house that is supposed to be connected. I just got Last pass to work by checking the box to remember my user name and password, but I don't love that you can open the app now without needing touch id, even as you need touch id to see the passwords.....