Touch ID & Passcode -- New feature?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by ideal.dreams, Jul 11, 2015.

1. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Not sure if this is a new feature to iOS 9 or if I missed it with previous versions of iOS, but when you're in the Touch ID and Passcode settings, touching your finger on the Touch ID sensor (home button) will highlight the corresponding finger saved to the phone in the settings menu. Neat way to see which label is assigned to which finger.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

You missed something, its been like that ever since iPhone 5s launch day lol

3. ideal.dreams thread starter macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Ahhh okay, thanks for letting me know! Usually I'm pretty on top of small things like this but I guess I missed that one a while ago.

4. Lowe Lilliehorn macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

;), I hope that you know how it's working?

:) Just messing with ya'!

Sorry!

/Lowe

5. BlazingGold macrumors member

Is anyone having an issue with the passcode since upgrading to iOS 9? I had a 4 digit passcode before of course that I made my phone require after 1 hour of inactivity. Now every single time the phone is locked, even seconds later, it requires the passcode. Very annoying. The setting still says "require after 1 hour". I've even changed it to a 6 digit passcode just in case, but still the same issue

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes, this is a well-known bug. Just report it even though it's likely been reported numerous times already.

7. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Did you also know you can relabel the fingers in that same screen? Left thumb, right thumb, etc.
    Then there's no more question of which is which.

8. dampfnudel macrumors 68020