Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Not sure if this is a new feature to iOS 9 or if I missed it with previous versions of iOS, but when you're in the Touch ID and Passcode settings, touching your finger on the Touch ID sensor (home button) will highlight the corresponding finger saved to the phone in the settings menu. Neat way to see which label is assigned to which finger.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Not sure if this is a new feature to iOS 9 or if I missed it with previous versions of iOS, but when you're in the Touch ID and Passcode settings, touching your finger on the Touch ID sensor (home button) will highlight the corresponding finger saved to the phone in the settings menu. Neat way to see which label is assigned to which finger.
You missed something, its been like that ever since iPhone 5s launch day lol

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Ahhh okay, thanks for letting me know! Usually I'm pretty on top of small things like this but I guess I missed that one a while ago.

Reactions: The Doctor11

BlazingGold

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
Is anyone having an issue with the passcode since upgrading to iOS 9? I had a 4 digit passcode before of course that I made my phone require after 1 hour of inactivity. Now every single time the phone is locked, even seconds later, it requires the passcode. Very annoying. The setting still says "require after 1 hour". I've even changed it to a 6 digit passcode just in case, but still the same issue

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Is anyone having an issue with the passcode since upgrading to iOS 9? I had a 4 digit passcode before of course that I made my phone require after 1 hour of inactivity. Now every single time the phone is locked, even seconds later, it requires the passcode. Very annoying. The setting still says "require after 1 hour". I've even changed it to a 6 digit passcode just in case, but still the same issue

Yes, this is a well-known bug. Just report it even though it's likely been reported numerous times already.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area

Did you also know you can relabel the fingers in that same screen? Left thumb, right thumb, etc.
Then there's no more question of which is which.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.