Touch ID problem - IPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Apple One, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Apple One macrumors member

Hey guys, does this happen to you guys as well and why does this happen any solution?

I would leave my fone turned off for 2-3 weeks and when I turn it back on it won't recognise my fingerprint. This is the 2nd time this has happen. Occurs when I leave my fone turned off for 2-3 weeks then turn back on to use.

Anyone else get this issue?

2. Kenjo macrumors newbie

Kenjo

me and my officemates laughed when one of them joked around when the registered fingerprint in his touch id changes every day. apparently he wasn't lying. probably the same issue im facing with 10.2.1

they said 10.2 works flawlessly

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you mean it won't recognize it? Do you first unlock it with your passcode and then after than it doesn't recognize your fingerprints?

4. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

Yes of course. Sometimes I have to go away on a trip and leave my iPhone 7 at home turned off for about 2-3 weeks. When I come back home and turn it on it won't recognise my finger anymore. This has happened 2 times now, whenever I leave the fone turned off for 2-3 weeks.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

So the very first time when you unlock it after turning it back on or basically any time you try to use Touch ID after that?

6. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

Well first I have to unlock it with my passcode when first turn on in order for Touch ID to be active. After doing that I will try unlock my fone with Touch ID and it would not recognise my finger.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are your fingerprints still registered in settings? Can you re-register them again?

8. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

Yes it's still registered in settings. If I re register them again it will work. But I'm just curious why after 3 weeks of no use and back to use again it won't recognise my finger. Does it have to do with my fingers or something like the prints changing or something to make the Touch ID not read it?

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Nothing like that really as it all should work fine normally.

10. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm I don't know it usually always happens to me I don't know if it is my fone Touch ID problem. Or could it be my finger print changing over the 2-3 week period as I smoke and sometimes it leaves brown skin on my fingers due to the tar and skin being thick etc.... could that be the case . Really wanna know and solve this issue.

11. seadragon Contributor

12. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

I'm still trying to wrap my head around someone turning their phone off for 2-3 weeks. Travel or not, I think I'd go absolutely batty if I didn't have something like my phone for a few days!

I agree with seadragon - try not smoking for a while. Better for you anyway.

13. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

Still doesn't sort out my question or anyone have similar experiences? Cannot figure out if it is my fingerprint itself or my fone.