Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Does anybody do this where they can use the touch ID instead of typing in your password for every purchase?
I have this all setup on my iPhone 6s+, but every time I do it I get the message "must type password after phone reset" or some nonsense of this sort.
My thing is I have yet to shut off my phone or anything but it hasn't worked for me for a single app purchase?

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
I've noticed that App Store is inconsistent. Sometimes it asks me for TouchID and other times I have to input the password. WTF Apple, I want my magical experience!

Reactions: npolly0212

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
I've noticed that App Store is inconsistent. Sometimes it asks me for TouchID and other times I have to input the password. WTF Apple, I want my magical experience!
Alright thanks, just wanting to make sure I didn't mess something up in the process of setting it up lol

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I think it's a security feature. If you reboot the device, it will ask you to enter pin even if you try to use your Touch ID. I think that same goes for the touch ID.

Reactions: doboy

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
I think it's a security feature. If you reboot the device, it will ask you to enter pin even if you try to use your Touch ID. I think that same goes for the touch ID.
Well thats the problem. I haven't rebooted my device but the touch id never works on it. It has gotten to the point it doesn't work when I try to unlock my phone also

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
Well thats the problem. I haven't rebooted my device but the touch id never works on it. It has gotten to the point it doesn't work when I try to unlock my phone also

Exactly, I haven't rebooted my iPhone either and it keeps asking for password on app purchases instead of TouchID.

Apple - kings of hardware, dunces of software.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
Okay so now it's really weird.
I am getting to be able to use Touch ID for every App Store purchase
But for some reason the Touch ID never works anymore when trying to login to my phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.