Touch ID with sweaty hands iPhone 6s/7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spesifikbrush, Jan 4, 2017.

1. spesifikbrush macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

I bought a 6s one month ago. I love my device, but the thing that annıys me is, my hands get sweaty a lot, and when it happens, the sensor won't recognize my fingerprint unles I clean it a bit. It is the only thing that annoys me. I heard that since the 7 is waterproof, it recognizes sweaty hands better. Can somebody confirm it? I just want to know.

2. kdarling, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017

kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    The second generation Touch Id sensor, which is faster and reportedly better at recognizing slightly moist fingers, arrived in the 6s models.

So you already have the improved version.

You might not get relief until Apple changes to an ultrasonic sensor (like Synaptics just introduced or like Xiaomi is starting to use in its smartphones), or another type where a moisture caused short circuit from an antenna ring isn't an issue.

3. spesifikbrush thread starter macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

Yeah but I want to hear peoples experience with sweaty fingerprint reading. Cuz, it's annoying.

4. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

I don't have any problems with slightly wet hands on my iPhone 7 fingerprint sensor, but the one on my old 5s doesn't work properly unless your fingers are almost bone dry

5. Rudy83 macrumors newbie

Rudy83

I went from the 6 to the 7, and it's way better for me.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The i7 touch ID does recognize and work better than the touch ID on my old 6 Plus but still at times that my hands are sweaty or slightly wet my new 7 Plus is also not recognizing them most of the time.

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I have an iPhone 7+, touch ID may be better and faster but just as the sensors before it if your fingers are slightly wet from whatever reason it will not work reliably, you still have to dry/wipe off your finger on something that is dry.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

As you go to grab your phone wipe your thumb at the same time.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

The iPhone 7 is water resistant, not water proof. But as others have said, it's sporadic at best to recognize your print.

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

This happens to me from time to time. Typically if my hands are sweaty, I will wipe them off on my shirt or pants and with the 6s, that usually doe the trick. Happens more frequently with my SE, but that has the older gen Touch ID.

11. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

I have the same problem with the 6s after I wash my hands and put on a moisturiser. The sensor on the 6s is a lot faster and more accurate than the 6. Make sure your finger is dry when you touch.

12. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

my 7 still works about as crappy as my 6 did when it comes to wet/sweaty hands

13. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Sweaty, wet, or really cold fingers all cause problems for me.

14. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Still won't work at times. This is when slide to unlock is missed. I'd rather just slide than struggle with Touch ID not working