Touch ID

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by newcoyote, Dec 19, 2015.

1. newcoyote macrumors newbie

Hiya. I am having an issue with my Touch ID. It works but not very well. I will often have to key in the passcode. The funny thing is, if delete the fingerprint and I redo the process of adding, it will work as it should for a day or two then lose sensitivity/accuracy and fail unless I am very deliberate and careful. The home button is clean and does not appear to be scratched or damaged in any way. Ideas?
    iPhone 6 (MG3A2CL/A) iOS 8.4 (jailbroken. I have had it jailbroken all along.)

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You would probably get more responses in the JB forum.

3. newcoyote thread starter macrumors newbie

Why? I don't think it is a jailbreak issue. If you think it may be,why? Nothing else is out of the ordinary. Thanks.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Just the simple fact that a lot of us don't JB our devices and won't even attempt to offer advice on a JB phone. The last phone that I JB was a 4, and I have no idea what the available tweaks are now, and how they interact/conflict with each other. I just won't offer advice on something I know very little about, and I imagine that there others that feel the same.

That said, there are plenty of reports on here concerning Touch Id working as you describe, and I agree with you that it probably is not a JB issue. Sometimes mine doesn't work, but I never know if it was me or the phone, because when I'm careful, it always seems to work.

5. newcoyote thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair enough. I've been jailbreaking for years and not had any problems but who knows.