touch is.. well i dont even know

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheekybobcat, Jul 22, 2008.

1. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Last night, I couldn't get my Touch to start up. It stayed on the startup screen with the Apple sign in the middle for about half and hour and then just turned off. I tried to turn it on this morning but no luck; it turned off after about a minute or two.

Now here is the big problem. When I tried to turn it on the third time this morning, all that comes up is a gray screen that flickers a few lines and then it shuts down within ten seconds.

I have no clue what's going on or how to fix it at this point... Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Huh. There's no text, no command line, no apple picture, nothing?

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

4. cheekybobcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

No text or anything. Just a gray screen that has a few flickering darker gray lines. I have not tried restore mode yet. I am trying that now.

Edit: No dice with restore mode. My computer doesn't recognize it and it won't show anything but the gray screen. UGH!

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

When my previous Touch did the same thing I contacted Apple. They sent me a new one with a box and pre-paid mailer to send the old one back in. It's the classic "white screen of death", and is not fixable via any reboot or reset.

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

8. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

9. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

10. cheekybobcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

However, it seems to be fixable by luck. My touch started to work yesterday! I have no idea what the heck happened but it's over. It does take about 30 seconds longer to startup than my brothers ipod but whatever... If anything new comes up I'll keep you posted..