Touch Monitors for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jimlaing, Jul 31, 2017.

1. jimlaing macrumors newbie

jimlaing

I'd like to find a couple of Touch monitors (that work with touch via a finger on the screen). Want two of them, for use on a "virtual pipe organ" (Hauptwerk-based) using a somewhat older Mac Pro (the tower), running El Capitan. Can't find much out there in the way of Touch monitors!

Thanks,
    Jim
    jimlaing@me.com

2. rich1812 macrumors member

I don't think macos has touch capability yet.

3. jimlaing thread starter macrumors newbie

jimlaing

Just looking for simple 1-point touch, i.e. a touch simulates a mouse click. Keytec (Magic Touch) has one that will work, but is only a 19" monitor.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I think that macOS support for touchscreen has actually gone downhill from earlier macOS versions.

Looking at the current situation I think you should start by trying to find developers who claim to have macOS drivers for touchscreen monitors and seeing which monitors they claim will work with their drivers.

5. Fishrrman macrumors G4

There aren't any "touch monitors" that will work with the Mac, because there's no support for them built into the Mac OS.

that is all...

6. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

A long time back, there were ways to do this for PCs (and probably Macs) that were OS independent. As the OP pointed out, they want to simulate a mouse click or mouse movement. Given the current state of touch screen systems I doubt if the original solutions are still available or being made. Before it was electrostatic overlays that connected, IIRC, via serial connections. But then again mice were serial mice, not USB as we have now.

7. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4