Touch not allowing me on my wireless network?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wasatch, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Wasatch macrumors newbie

Hi everyone-Tried the search to no avail.

I have a wireless network in my house that I have used for the past couple of years with no problem. But, for some reason with the Touch, the network registers with a signal, but when I try to connect, it tells me it cannot connect.

When I go into the settings for the wi-fi, I look at the details, and the page where the IP address, Subnet Mask, Router, DNS, etc. are all blank. Any idea why? Is it because I'm using an older router?

Thanks for any advice.

2. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Verify your password in the router (if you have a secure network).

3. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

instead of hitting the name of your network, in the settings... go to Other. Then type in the name of your network... for security click on WEP... If it doesnt work let me know.

4. Wasatch thread starter macrumors newbie

OK..so I tried that, hit the "join" button, and it gives me the message "Unable to join the network." It's not a password-protected network (no need to tell me I'm dumb for not having a password...it was my friends and I have no idea how to put one on.).

Any other ideas?

5. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

DHCP enabled on the router? If not you will manually add the address to the Touch.

6. Ninden macrumors member

Ninden

Heh, my girlfriend just had this same issue on her touch. The ip address page was completely blank. The only way I found to fix it was to restore it to factory defaults. After that, I was able to get the ip information to display.
    Hope that helps.

7. Wasatch thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what happened to mine. When I go into the IP address info screen, every field is empty. But I went to a friend's house with wifi, and it picked it right up.

So, how do I restore factory defaults? Does that involve losing any data from the device?

8. thebusdriver16 macrumors member

At first i could not connect to my wifi. What i had to do is get in my router through the web and allow access of the ipod.

9. alysssalyn macrumors newbie

OMG THANK YOU!!! I have had my iPod touch a WEEK and it just logged off my internet a few hours ago and i tried EVERYHTING

but I tried this and it worked.:D