Touch not using DHCP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cams, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Cams macrumors regular

My Touch was working fine over my wi-fi connection and then it stopped. It's now getting a 169. IP address, which is a signal that it's not getting an IP address from the router's DHCP server (which would be 192.) The Macbook from which I am writing this message is getting a 192. address from the router and shows up in the router's settings as a DHCP client, as indeed it should, but the Touch is not showing up at all.

I've tried renewing the lease on the Touch and have also tried using a static IP (but to be fair I may be getting the DNS wrong is it's timing out when I do that rather than telling me instantly that I don't have an Internet connection.) It is connecting to the router, as I've got the wi-fi icon. I've tried forgetting the network and re-entering the WPA password, thus connecting to the router, but I'm still not getting a local IP address in the 192 range.

Any ideas?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

not being an expert on all this my first instinct would be to get you to try rebooting your router, if that doesn't work try deleting the routers profile, I'm out of ideas upto that point if they do not work

3. Cams thread starter macrumors regular

Well hell, rebooting the router did the trick! Thanks man.

Cams

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

sometimes it's the simplest thing that solves it..... glad yoru back up and running