Touch not working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by twinlight, Sep 18, 2016.

1. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

I updated to watchOS3 and my screen is not working as it should. Has this happened to anyone else or is this just a coincidence and I have somehow damaged it the same day or day after I upgraded?

Most of the time upper half of screen is not responding to touch. Sometimes it's touching upper right corner, launching whichever complication I have there.

First realized this today but it began yesterday or the day before at least. Thought I was doing something wrong since new things where opened every second raise of the arm. Workouts opened next time timer launched. Third time Weather.

Today I found out that it wont let me unlock (I usually unluck from phone) and the screen wont pull down for notifications. Or sometimes it jumps down and then hangs somewhere in the middle of the screen.

Is this known behavior of some kind of damage? Water? Heat? Banged against something?

I have been using it for a year without problems and it has been everywhere!

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, try unpairing/repairing. Sounds like a software issue rather than hardware in this case.

4. twinlight thread starter macrumors 6502

twinlight

I tried turning it off and it was fine for a few minutes. I washed and dried it off and put it on the charger for the night and now it's working fine again!

We'll see if it survives Seaworld today!