Touch or iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Finn mcCool, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Finn mcCool macrumors newbie

I planned to buy a Touch since I just want to run a few apps, listen to music, and take an occasional picture. Wifi is all I need. I have a very cheap Virgin Mobile prepaid phone for my limited mobile phone use.

I just had the idea of buying an iPhone 4 or 4s from Ebay, and not activating it with a carrier unless my phone needs change.

Would this work for me? What am I missing??

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Given the capabilities of the new 5G iPod Touch, the idea of using an off-contract iPhone as an "iPod Touch Pro" is less appealing. Last year, it made sense. This year, just buy a 5th Gen iPod Touch.

The only reason to go with an iPhone 4 would be that you want an iDevice with an old-style connector.

I have a Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 that purchased on ebay for $240 (mint condition, just a few months old) with a bad ESN due to non-payment. Because it has been blacklisted by Verizon, it can never be used as a phone. It works great as an iPod Touch though.

3. 617aircav Suspended

iPhone 4 is very cheap now so that will work. It will give you gps that the iPod touch won't. It's not a bad way to go and is cost effective.