Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
UK
About 2 months ago my pbg4 started getting quite hot, but pretty much the same as before.

The touch pad starts to go off/on, keyboard strikes everyother one registers. After a while, the keyboard stops working as well as the touch pad - only happens when the com gets hot, not when at regular warm temps.

NOTE: The computer carries on as normal - the BT keyboard and mouse work - it even carries on burning discs, downloading off the web etc... luckily i can use the mouse to shut down - if i turn on straight away, the coms keyboard and touch pad still doesnt work.

So far i tried doing PRAM reset then after couple weeks with it happening again, tried ARCHIVE AND INSTALL - few days after that it still does it.

I have 'G4 Fan Control' INstalled, have set it so that the fans come one couple degrees below the default. I think there is an issue with temp- perhaps the heat sync is stuffed?

What can i do?

(had had it nearly two years - refurbished off apple engineer on ebay. it had a new logic board, display put in).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.