touch partially freezing?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BIS2, Jul 15, 2008.

1. BIS2 macrumors regular

Recently I was using my ipod touch and while listening to music it stopped playing - when I looked at it, I saw the black screen with a silver apple in the middle. I couldn't get it to respond at ll so I thought maybe the battery was dead (although I knew it was more than half full) so I left it and went back to it later. When I tried it, it worked but started acting funny - If my finger even got close to the screen, it was like I was clicking on things and would start going through menus, etc. This kept up for a little while but it seems to have gone away now.

The problem that remains is that certain things on my screen no longer seem to work. Mostly this seems to be things on the right hand side - for instance, if I pull up the keyboard I can click on the number 9, but not zero. Likewise, I can't use the alphabet going down the right to move to different songs/artists/etc. Sometimes certain things like settings and contacts will not open at all, it's like I'm not even touching them.

I tried restoring (I updated to the new 1.1.5 software) but this has done nothing. Any ideas?

2. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

Sounds like a hardware problem. I would return it for a new one.