Touch playing songs randomly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nirvana06, Apr 18, 2008.

1. nirvana06 macrumors regular

anybody came across this problem? Basically what the title says, does not play songs in order but just plays them randomly.

I have done the reboot and conntected it to itunes since. Im running original firmware from September and jailbroken.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, I would at least go up to 1.1.1 if you can. 1.1 was terrible and I had similar problems with it sometimes. Also (you've probably done this), make sure that you don't have shuffle selected.

3. nirvana06 thread starter macrumors regular

I have been basically stuck in shuffle mode for a week. I might just try going to the latest firmware. If I can't figure out what is wrong my touch now.

4. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

Have you tried turning shuffle mode off? You can do this by tapping the screen whilst a song is playing, which reveals song controls, then tapping the shuffle icon.

5. skwij macrumors 6502

Thanks for that! I was going NUTS trying to get one particular album to play IN ORDER.......fixed now!

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

wow.... You really didn't know where shuffle was? Thats okay, I looked for the hold bar when I got mine, and even told the rep that mine was faulty, since it had no hold bar :D

7. skwij macrumors 6502

:eek: Well I knew where it was in the song list, but tapping it didn't do squat; that particular album still wouldn't play in order. The Shuffle button that pops up when tapping the screen while that album is playing seems to have fixed that though.

One of these days I guess I should read the manual ;)

8. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

naw.. The manual is only good for starting a fire... LOL it would help sometimes....
    but if you hit shuffle songs, it turns shuffle back on.