Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaud68

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Here is my question I have an audio book that I downloaded all the chapters are in mp3 format and added them to my library. Is there a way to manually put them in the audio book category on the touch.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I think it's just a case of right click then get info and there should be a drop down menu in one of te tabs (sorry I am vague but I am guessing and in work)

efp722

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2008
Philly
I had this problem a long time ago. For it to actually go into the audiobook section it has to be a special file .somethingoranother i really can't remember. all mine were ripped into mp3 format and I had to download plug-ins for itunes to convert them and then put all the files together (with a bookmark feature..meaning i could be in the car listening to it and then have to turn the ipod off or go listen to something else and when i went back to the book it would resume play).... it took a long time. I am really sorry but I can't remember what i used... just search the web for it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.