Touch Screen Cleanliness

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by barr08, Aug 29, 2008.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Hi all,

I get all sorts of crap on my hands during the day, and I pull out my new touch at random times to do random things, so I don't always have time to give my hands the old scrub down.

Is there any types of things I should avoid having on my hands in order to preserve the freshness of the touch screen? I know I should avoid obvious things like paint, gasoline, etc. What else is there? Maybe throw out something that isn't as obvious.

Thanks!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Well for one, you don't ever put your finger on the touch screen itself, you put it on the glass that is several millimetres above the touch screen. So basically anything you wouldn't normally put on glass...

3. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

4. dagored macrumors 65816

I second the Tuffshield. Used it since it was released.

5. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I would even just get a sticky screen protector (the ones that are easy to come off) and then when it gets too dirty, take it off and put a new one on. Or just carry a cloth around with you and wipe off atleast one finger before you use your touch.

6. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

7. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

I have the Power Support Crystal Film Set as well, and I second Crees! comments. It's easy to clean and take on and off...a great product!