Touch Screen Fail

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nicksmolenski, Feb 2, 2011.

1. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

Hey guys. So I dropped by iPod touch tonight and the screen has become unusable. There's a minor crack on it in the upper right hand corner, but other than that no other aesthetic damage occurred. And it cracked in the most vulnerable spot because my iPod got slightly bent in that same corner.

I sadly assume that this is unfixable, but is there any outlandish way to get my screen working again? If not, I'm getting the Verizon iPhone when it comes out so it's not a huge deal, just very sad. :(

Thanks!

2. delonh92, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

delonh92 macrumors member

delonh92

My opinion i would sell the ipod touch on eBay and get a little cash in your pocket. :):apple:
    I don't think apple covers that under warranty.

3. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

If you follow guides on the net and have a small amount of cash and some simple tech knowhow and some basic tools, you can fix it in about 15 mins.

I replaced the LCD and Digitizer on my iPod for only £30, definitely worth it if you want to keep that iPod.

a digitizer (the front touch screen part) is very simple to replace. iFixit have guides and the tools to do it if you head over to their website

4. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

It is the kind of issue you could probably find a fix but it would be a hassle.

Even broken Apple products can bring in a good price on eBay.