Touch screen jacked after battery replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Theod0re, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Theod0re, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

Theod0re macrumors member

So my phone is almost 2.5 years old now, and I decided it was time to change out the battery (3G S). Everything went smooth but as I try to text on it now, the screen can sometimes glitch up. For example if I'm hitting the backspace button it will tweak and hit L like 6 times in a row. The same applies if I'm hitting another character, it will glitch a bit and hit another character in that vicinity. I know it's not my fingers messing up, and I can still send out successful texts - just with a little more effort. Like if I do it slowly it generally works fine.

Do any of you fellas happen to know which little tape connector or what part internally governs the touch screen? I had some trouble connecting some of those things back in (like 1, 2, and 3 stickers for example) and I'm thinking maybe something is a little messed up. I'd like to be able to isolate the problem and see if I can fix it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I figured out that the only part of my screen that glitches is the bottom portion of the keyboard. That goes from caps lock through ZXCVBNM and space. If I hit too high on any of those it will click that letter and the one above it. If I hit too low on one of the letters above it, it'll click that one and the one below it.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I prefer to pay for work carried out on my unit to help stop such issues after work has been carried out on it.

I trust someone will be along to try and guide you.

Hope the issue gets resolved for you.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I believe it's connector #2 that dictates what the touch screen does.