touch-screen problems plaguing the Nexus One

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by DaveSW, Mar 16, 2010.

1. DaveSW macrumors 6502

a friend was asking me about the Nexus One and forwarded him this URL.

touch-screen problems plaguing the Nexus One

http://www.cnet.com/8301-19736_1-10418990-251.html

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you're saying the grass is not greener on the Nexus side?
    I thought we were the only forum with whiners:D

3. DaveSW thread starter macrumors 6502

More Nexus One Problems - Poor 3G connectivity

http://gizmodo.com/5445324/the-nexus-ones-3g-problem-pt-ii-the-damning-data

4. chriszzz macrumors 6502

In other product defect news unrelated to the iPhone...

Toyota's accelerators stick
    Xbox 360s die prematurely
    NES cartridges get dusty and require you to blow on them

Why did you post this in the iPhone forum exactly?

5. macfan881 macrumors 68020

6. DaveSW thread starter macrumors 6502

exactly.

HTC says broken glass means Nexus One not for pocket

http://www.androidarena.com/2010/03/09/htc-says-broken-glass-means-nexus-one-not-for-pocket/

7. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

This should be in the nexus forums. This is already a well known problem with them. This has nothing to do with an iPhone.
    Also the 3G connectivity problem was with tmobile band not AT&T. I'm sure it will be better on AT&T 3G for sure.

8. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

9. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Yeh, because the iPhone has NEVER had internet problems. :rolleyes:

The first iPhone was a bit flaky, just like the Nexus One. Let Google catch up. Not even Apple can create a flawless product with the first release.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I can't wait until the iPad comes out and there are all sorts of problems. Of course, we'll hear crickets from all the fanboys.

11. DaveSW thread starter macrumors 6502

IF that happens Apple has FANTASTIC customer support so it's not a big issue.

Nexus One issues are compounded by the fact that Nexus One has poor Google/HTC/T-Mobile support.

Fact is: Apple build superior products. Nexus One and *most (not all)* other Android phones are basically low-quality junk.

12. gibbz macrumors 68030

And if it goes over well, then maybe we will finally hear crickets from all of the haters

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I couldn't disagree more. I had a problem with my iPod HD. I had full warranty on it and all they needed to do was simply replace the knackered HD or even just replace the whole iPod.

Apple refused to see the problem, despite the fact that the HD clicked and the iPod failed to complete syncing my tracks.

After sending it to them 5 times (which is a bloody hassle it'self), I decided to just sell it for spares and repairs on eBay.

I could just be a unfortunate case though, but in my one and only case, Apple were far from helpful.

14. bozzykid macrumors 68020

You mean they have a history of denying hardware issues exist and denying support? If that is what you mean, then I would agree with you.

15. DaveSW thread starter macrumors 6502

yes you are an unfortunate case. :D

Consumer Reports says Apple has the best tech support

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/03/1...-tech-support-acergatewayemachines-the-worst/

VERSUS

The Nexus One

Complaints Of Poor Support For Google’s Nexus One

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1807788/complaints_of_poor_support_for_googles_nexus_one/

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Have you learned nothing from theses forums about fanboys?

You will be hearing lame excuses for the problems. Take for example No MMS in iPhone -- Who needs MMS, MMS is out dated, MMS is crap.
    Or the lack of Copy Paste- You hardly ever use Copy paste, It not a needed feature ect.
    Or the lack of 3G- 3G kills battery, It is not that much faster than Edge.

That is the crap I read on these forums about those 3 items. Now when apple added all of them in they sang Apple praises and said how great all of them were.

You should know that the fanboys will sing the praises of dog crap as long as it comes in a white box with an apple sticker on it.

17. DaveSW thread starter macrumors 6502

18. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I am certainly not smiling. It cost me a f*cking arm and a leg did that iPod, and it took me a year to save up for. All to waste, I got a measly £25 for it on eBay, doesn't even come close to the original price. I was hoping to never have to buy an MP3 player again, but they sold me a faulty iPod and refused to fix it. I barley got half a year out of it.

Apple will have to impress me with the iPad or OS X 10.7 for me to even think about buying another product off them again.

19. DaveSW thread starter macrumors 6502

ROFL no wonder you're pissed :D

sorry to hear that.

20. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I take it with a grain of salt.
    Apple fandom tends to I believe give the report rating for apple higher than they should be and it causes apple to be given a lot more slack than they should be.

My experience with apple customer support has been on par with other companies which is pretty poor. It seems to be either a hit or it is crap with no in between but still a hell of a lot better than the Texas Unemploymenet office.

Google support is well bad.

But this many nothing to you and what I am going to say next I can not believe what I am going to say.

You have become worse than *LTD* in your blind Apple following and bashing non apple products.

21. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Okay so basically what you are saying then is if you want an Android phone don't get a Nexus One right? That's not a problem since you can choose from several different Android handsets.

I got a Motorola Droid and I am very happy with it. It has been solid for me since last November. No major issues at all to report and all the minor issues I had were fixed with the 2.0.1 update. It looks like Verizon is pushing the 2.1 update to Droid owners in the next few days so things can only get better.

22. DaveSW thread starter macrumors 6502

imo, Android sucks regardless of the phone.

23. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Unfortunately the Nexus One is probably something Google would like to forget, though they might like it internally as an interesting experiment. Something to build on for the future in further attempts to roll out an iPhone-Killer.

24. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

One must remember ALL Google stuff is "Beta".;)

25. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It has nothing to do with Apple fandom. Just about every consumer survey of technology companies places Apple at the top of their rankings. This is certainly consistent with my own experience with my Favorite Fruit Company. Apple is about the best that I have seen.

My most recent experience involved an eMac that flummoxed my local authorized service technician. Despite the fact that the computer was out of warranty, Apple replaced my eMac with a brand new Intel-based iMac.

Quite frankly, this Mac owner is highly suspicious of claims of bad technical support/repair experiences with Apple.