Touch Screen Suddenly Doesnt work...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duncan1234, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Duncan1234 macrumors newbie

Well, ive owned since around a week since launch in the UK.

And after using my phone for a bit tonight, i went to later pick it up and use it, for to have no response from the touch screen at all, no ability to unlock, and if i hold the off button, i cant scroll the slider. So i tried holding both buttons to reset it, didnt help much, the same when it was back on, same after a restore...

ANything i can do?

Or any similiar experences?

If worst comes to worst, can i cancel my contract with o2? Theres no way ill be paying it off if im not using the phone.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Take it back or call Apple Care. Sounds like some hardware issue. I have this happen from time to time. I hold the sleep button for 20 seconds and the phone shuts off. I then let it sit for a few seconds, then turn it back on.

TEG

3. Duncan1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wont they just go; "You mustve damaged it yourself, not our business"

Ive dropped it before a few weeks ago, few scratches etc on it, but njever had a problem until now!

If need be, i think my parents house insurance will cover it.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is still covered. They expact some dammage. Never hurts to try.

TEG

5. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

if it only has a few scratches on it, they won't give a second glance to it

however, if there is a big dent or something in it,you may have a problem

if you are near a store take it back to them...it can't hurt

6. Duncan1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

The website mentions that i can take it to an O2 store and not just apple stores, most likely because theres only like 9 apple stores across the UK!

Im near a o2 store tomorrow, will go in and see, its only a few minor scratches around the phone, some on screen etc, no dents etc.

7. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

scratches are pretty normal, so they shouldn't give you a hard time about them-- good luck and hopefully your issue will get fixed!;)

8. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Had the same problem. Took it in and they gave me a brand new phone.

9. Duncan1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Was this in the UK?

I went into the O2 shop today and they told me i needed the receipt and dispatch number. Just printed my recept from the emails and taking it back in after 4. Hopefully they dont send it away, tell me its going to be 200£ for a new screen...

10. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

You must have 'dropped' it pretty badly for you to have scratches on the screen.

A customer of mine was so excited about how her iphone was damage free when it slipped out of her hand while getting out of her car. it was mint when she showed it to me, 3+ foot drop onto concrete. If i were them, i wouldnt exchange it for you.

11. theHunter macrumors newbie

This happened to me last week, took the iphone with receipt to the store and they just gave me a new phone. This was in the US at ATT store, no apple stores where I live.

12. Duncan1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i took it in and theyve sent it off for repair to apple, the slip like receipt thing they gave me says on it the Apple Warrenty should cover it. But ill have to wait and see.

Atleast i got to keep my sim for use in another phone!

The scratches on the screen are all from being in my pocket with keys / coins which Id say is intended use of the phone.