Touch screen unlocks my Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Helljumper, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Helljumper macrumors member

I have a 32 GB Ipod touch (I got it last June so it's not the newest version). It's a lot slower now than it was when I first got it. Anyways, one of the main problems I have right now is that simply touching the screen (it has to be a mediums strength push, not a light tap), unlocks it when it's locked. So when I l lock it and put it in my pocket, it pretty much unlocks after I walk a couple of steps since the force of my jeans pressing against it is enough to unlock it.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it a common problem? Can it be fixed? I know it's not that big of a deal but it's getting kind of annoying.

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Doesn't sound like a common problem. Couldn't find any hits using google. Is it jailbroken... there are some jailbroken apps that are tap to unlock. If that is not the case there is most likely a loose connection or some kind of short in your iPod Touch. Just touching the screen is enough pressure to make the connection and tell it to unlock the screen.

Probably the thing to try would be to factory restore it and see if that fixes it. If not... if it is still under warrantee a trip to Apple is in order.