Touch Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BoredomHeights, Dec 14, 2013.

1. BoredomHeights macrumors newbie

So I've tried looking for this online but can't find the answer (which I know means there probably isn't one I want to hear).

Basically, when I type on my phone and try to edit what I've typed, the screen tries to guess where I'm pressing. For example say I type "ward" but I meant to type "word". If I go back to edit "ward" and click exactly between the "a" and the "r," my phone will automatically place the cursor at the end of the word. I want the cursor to go exactly where I've pressed. I get the logic of placing it behind the word, I know I can just hold down on the screen then move the cursor more precisely, but is there a way to set the cursor to just automatically be placed where you've pressed? In your answer please don't condescend to tell me it's better the way it is etc., I want the cursor to show up where I press, even if it's wrong.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There is no way. How it's working for you is how it was designed. I'm sure many people would like them to change it to how you'd want it as well. Perhaps some day.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

That's been one big gripe about IOS. Apparently the "other" phone/tablets u can use third party keyboards. IOS fixed.

4. BoredomHeights thread starter macrumors newbie

5. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

If you press and hold over the word a little magnifying glass will pop up so you can choose the exact letter to get rid of.