Touch to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skream, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Skream macrumors member

I have an iPod Touch and have been waiting out on the new iPhone to come out before I make the jump. Will all my data from the iPod be transfered to the iPhone? Mostly talking about game data, will I have to beat all my games over again?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Here is a hint. I think it can be done, but your milage may vary.
    http://www.macworld.com/article/156802/2011/01/angry_birds_saved.html
    I would apply that article to your game data. Just google for specific game details perhaps.

3. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

As the other poster as said, it is possible. However, even if you backup with iTunes, I don't really think it will allow you to restore from an iPod Touch backup, only iPhone....

4. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

When you get it just restore from the backup of your iPod Touch and everything will transfer over, that is what I did.

5. Skream thread starter macrumors member

Can you please explain how to do that for me?

6. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

first transfer purchases from the touch, then back up the touch, then plug in the iPhone, and when setting up, it'll ask you if you want to set up as new, or restore from backup. Choose restore from backup, choose the most recent backup of the touch, and hit ok. It'll restore from the backup of the touch

if everything is still the same as the last time I did it, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: as the phone is syncing for the first time after restoring (as in, right after, before it has done anything else), DON'T TOUCH IT. Don't let the sync get cancelled for any reason. If it is used before it can install the game you're hoping to have saves transferred from, it'll dump the saves, as it sees them as data for an app that isn't installed. Only if the app is installed right away will the saves transfer