Touch Up Inside Event

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by MickeyT, May 3, 2010.

1. MickeyT macrumors member

Hello all

I'm doing an exercise from a book I have that is explaining how Interface Builder works. I have linked all the objects in my view to their relevant outlets or actions as the book has said and the book now says I should be able to run the code in the simulator and it will work.

However, it doesn't. The view loads in the simulator but the button doesn't do anything. I have checked the Connections Inspector and I have linked the button's Touch Up Inside event to File's Owner and selected the appropriate method as described in the book, so I don't know why it doesn't do anything. Also, after running it in the debugger, the method is never even activated when I press the button.

Should clicking the button with the mouse pointer trigger the Touch Up Inside event? Also, is the method "viewDidLoad" something that triggers automatically? According to the code this is meant to set a label to the string "None" after the view loads, but that's not happening either.

Thanks for any assistance.

2. MickeyT thread starter macrumors member

From what I've now managed to gather I think it's stopping when it reaches

Code:
    [window makeKeyAndVisible];
    There is a completed version of the same project which I have opened and when the debugger reaches this line control switches to the view controller object and it sets up perfectly. I don't know why my version doesn't go anywhere when it reaches this line.

The Touch Up Inside event is not the issue, therefore.