Touch vs iPhone design

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eXan, Mar 11, 2008.

?

You prefer the design of...

1. iPod Touch

27 vote(s)
    58.7%
  2. iPhone

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

2. Tres macrumors regular

iPod touch, definitely. I handled an iPhone the other day for the first time and I was surprised at how thick and bulky it felt by comparison. I'm sure the thickness would make it easier to type on in portrait mode though.

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

I prefer the touch but only because it is thinner-- otherwise, they are kind of the same, right?

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Having owned both (sold my touch once i got an iphone) i would say i prefer the feel of the iphone but the look of the touch.

Although the brushed metal rear of the iphone does save from a lot of scratching that occurs on the chrome touch surface.

The front of the touch would look great as the front of the iphone, the black trim beats the chrome trim hands down.

The 'bulky' nature of teh iphone is better IMO as its easier to hold i always felt the touch was a little too thin.

Anyway thats my two cents!

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

The brushed metal back of the iPhone is much better then the polished chrome on the iPod touch, if you ask me.

My iPhone is almost 9 months old and looks brand new - and I don't put it in a case. Every iPod touch I have seen is covered with scratches and smudges...

6. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

Oh forgot to say my opinion :D

When I first saw the iPhone I liked it, but I wasnt a fan of its back.

But since I got my Touch I just cant stand the look/feel of the iPhone! Its sooo thick, the back now definitely looks ugly and the display bezel isn't as nice as on Touch.

As for scratches on the back... well I've owned my touch for over a month and a half now and I have zero scratches on its back. I always carry it in iPod Sock and never let anyone put touch on a table without some cloth beneath.

7. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Add a best skins ever and the touch looks brand new for its lifetime.

8. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I find the overall look of the iPod touch appeals more to me but I find the front looks a little plain. If you compare it to the iPhone for example, the speaker above the screen nicely breaks up the black front whereas on the touch it looks more blank than minimalist.
    Maybe I'm alone in that but :rolleyes:

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, in the iPhone design they included speakers and tactile buttons. Those make it better for me.

10. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

mirror finish

the iphone is also devoid of one of the silliest design elements, the mirror finish that with just a few days becomes a brushed aluminium finish

11. convertee macrumors newbie

From a purely aesthetic perspective the touch wins hands down for me however the iPhone wins from a functional perspective