Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sean156s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
I installed the latest update via iTunes and while my iPod touch was rebooting, iTunes crashed. I reopened iTunes with the iPod connected, but iTunes continued to crash.

I disconnected the iPod and tried to reboot it (pressing the hold and home buttons until it restarted) but it only gives me a screen indicating that I have to sync the iPod with iTunes. But iTunes continues to crash whenever I connect the iPod via USB.

So basically I'm stuck with the iPod touch on the screen asking me to connect to iTunes and iTunes constantly crashing when I connect the iPod. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

n0th1n9

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
My resolution

I have had simular problems, what I did to fix this issue; 1st I unistalled itunes' 2nd delete the iTunes registry files in HKEY current user and in HKEY local machine. The last step is to reinstall iTunes' and then update the iPod.

The registry files for iTunes seams to get corrupted quite often for me and this is how I fix it. I hope this helps.

sean156s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Thanks n0th1n9, but could you elaborate when you said delete the iTunes registry files in HKEY current user and in HKEY local machine? I'm a newbie and don't know what that means/how to do that.

btw, I have a mac, not a PC if that helps.

n0th1n9

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
Damn, Sorry. I dont know how the mac works in regards to that, Maybe you can try to just uninstall and then reinstall iTunes.

sean156s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail. Thanks for your response, though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.