Touch works a lot better now

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheZimm, Aug 4, 2008.

1. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Okay so I did some cleaning out of my apps i used to have 67 added on apps, I know a lotttt of apps. Now I have 31 added on apps. My touch now works like 20x faster, it bvacks up in 5 min, and it doesnt freeze up or crash. I'm so glad i decided to do this, i got rid of a bunch of apps i never used :)

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

It's because when you have 9451551541541 (I went crazy on the number pad there) apps then it uses a lot more of your system memory. Of course it will run better.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Also, you may have removed an app or two that were causing problems.

Some have memory leaks and other issues.

4. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

touch is snappier looking, and using

okay so overall today I started with an ipod touch with a broken case and a crashing system and came out with one that has a great case combo, and a much faster non-crashing system

I started with a contour showcase, that had the bottom rubber falling off and went into the apple store and exchanged it for a griffin mirror and an antiglare strip. Great combination I definatly recommend antiglare, it doesn't attract finger prints at all and I love the feel of the griffin mirror in my hands

After that I decided to delete a bunch of apps that weren't my most used ones, because I was bored at the mall.

It was a lot faster and didn't crash but had lag still. And apps didn't load any quicker
    I got home and see there is an update , I update and now the keyboard doesn't lag, apps don't take as long to load and the wifi seems faster and overall all the bugs were out for me

Overall my iPod is awesome now :D