TouchArcade iOS Gaming Roundup: Zelda, The Sims, Oceanhorn 2, and More

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 19, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Hey everyone! I'm Eli Hodapp, and I serve as Editor in Chief over at MacRumors' sister-site TouchArcade. If you haven't heard of us before, we're the largest iOS-exclusive gaming site out there. We post daily news, reviews, previews, and more, covering the latest and greatest in the world of mobile gaming. We regularly stream iOS games on Twitch, and we've got our own forums which are packed with iOS gamers and developers discussing both new and upcoming games. Also, if you're into the whole Discord chat thing, we've got a great Discord server which is similarly packed with people talking about mobile gaming around the clock.

[​IMG]

If you're a podcast person, The TouchArcade Show is a weekly podcast we publish every Friday. iOS gaming is way more than Clash of Clans and Candy Crush, and through these weekly roundups we hopefully aim to keep you tuned in to the big news items of the week, as well as some great new games to check out. If any of this seems interesting you, I encourage you to get involved in the TouchArcade community by following any of the above links, as these new weekly roundups here at MacRumors are just a taster and there's a lot more where this came from.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: TouchArcade iOS Gaming Roundup: Zelda, The Sims, Oceanhorn 2, and More

2. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Welcome to MR and thanks for reaching out. Will check your site out

3. Macaholic868 macrumors member

Macaholic868

Super Mario run was fun but after finishing it I've got desire to revisit it. I can think of worse ways to spend 10 bucks but it would've been nice to get a few more levels.

4. sudo1996 macrumors 65816

sudo1996

5. CarlJ macrumors 68000

CarlJ

I'm just wondering how long it'll be before someone comes along to complain bitterly about how this article is a further sign that Tim Cook must be fired and that new Macs must be made now (and the headphone jack must be put back). Despite the facts that Tim Cook has no involvement with TouchArcade, and TouchArcade has nothing to do with Macs.

I like TouchArcade, they're a great source of news on iOS gaming and the little list of links to the latest TouchArcade bits, down in the corner of every MacRumors page has often drawn me in.

6. DaPizzaMan macrumors regular

No, but it is rumored that a Zelda for iOS game is coming (most likely in a way similar to Super Mario Run, where it simply uses the Zelda characters in a runner or something else of the sorts rather than a full-fledged Zelda game).

7. Stitzu macrumors member

I agree with what you're saying here 100%. This article, that I haven't even read, is a perfect example of how Tim Cook is ruining Apple. How dare he leave us waiting so long for new Macs! I want my new MacBook Air right now and it better have at least five headphone jacks, USB type-A ports, firewire and an optical drive. I also need it to be capable of running Mavericks because I refuse to update my current Mac to these newer versions with their flat user interfaces. Tim is running Apple into the ground with every decision he makes and needs to be fired ASAP. None of this would have ever happened if Jobs were still around.

:p

8. sudo1996 macrumors 65816

sudo1996

Oh. Darn, the original Zelda for NES would be great on iOS.

9. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I used to visit TouchArcade all the time. I was a reader from day one but I feel like IAP slowly ruined the App Store. There were all these exciting new games and the community was really engaged. There were those one guys in the forums who built Mikey Shorts and people giving feedback and it was really nice. But over time I feel like a lot of the games just became clones and/or free to play crap, and so I stopped caring. I'm more excited than ever for mobile gaming, but it's all because of the Nintendo Switch. I've deleted most of the games off my iPhone and hardly ever game any more on iOS.

10. sudo1996, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017

sudo1996 macrumors 65816

sudo1996

Funny, it's the opposite of the original trend. I've also lost interest in iPhone games. I've played a lot of really great games on my iPhone but haven't found anything interesting enough in years, I guess because they ran out of new things to make.

In every Nintendo-related article on MR, people show up to talk smack about Nintendo, and I always laugh at the horrible iOS software-only business strategies they propose. Nintendo makes tons from their platforms. Sure it's frustrating that they don't put their games on iPhone, but the separate platform is part of the magic. I like having a system that's just for games even if it's technically more cumbersome. Only problem is Nintendo isn't making nearly as many great games as they used to.

11. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Death Road to Canada? I don't get it. If a Zombie Apocalypse ravaged the USA, how would crossing the border to Canada save a survivor? Are Canadians inherently immune to zombiegenesis? :p

12. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

Finally. You guys should have started doing this kind of thing long ago. Leverage the user base of macrumors to bolster traffic and above all awareness. Half the people posting here hadn't a clue about you guys even existing and others only having a passing notion that there is a sister site focused on iOS gaming news.

Keep it up, makes great sense!

Only shame is that this article has been posted to the iOS blog portion. It seems like it is much more relevant to the general audience here than say, news about Apple Executive excercising and selling stock options netting them 10's of millions of dollars, for example...would probably get more clicks and interactions as well...

Anyway, eagerly awaiting Oceanhorn 2!

Anyone who has been pining for a Zelda game on iOS and hasn't played Oceanhorn needs to go smash the download button now. The original is like a mix between Windraker and Legends of the Past. Oceanhorn 2 looks like it will most closely resemble a mix between Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild. Good stuff!

13. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Haha that's so true, I mean the same team run both sites, yet neither promotes the other really! And if RouchArcade is struggling it's needs to be promoted..

I read it all the time, but I do get fed up with all the freemium rubbish, it's a case of finding the game that doesn't shove it down your throats and push you to grind endless hours away to move a tiny bit further in the game. You want to pay, but not to win and not every day! And when you pay for iap you still get endless ads interrupting you in the screen! I've seen premium paid for games do that also!

14. Shmoo macrumors regular

I heard the Alto Adventure developers will be present at the WWDC next month and they will release their next game (Odyssey) on stage. Yes!

http://www.altosodyssey.com

15. dampfnudel macrumors 68020

I wouldn't mind playing some older Zelda games on my iPad mini 4. I wouldn't mind playing a new, full Zelda game on my mini, but I know Nintendo would prefer I continue to call Best Buy and other stores when they'll get their next shipment of 10-20 Switch units (I think I missed out this morning with Best Buy).

16. DaPizzaMan macrumors regular

17. dampfnudel, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017

dampfnudel macrumors 68020