Touchbar Application Commands Glitch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dallas112678, Dec 13, 2016.

1. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Hey there,

I was in a Best Buy toying around with the new MBP's and noticed something that I deemed strange and would like to see if anyone else is having the issue.

Let's say if you are in safari, the touchbar will have the app specific command showing such as the enter URL bar. Now, if you swipe over to the desktop, the touchbar goes blank for a split second, then shows the safari specific commands for a split second, then finally shows the commands of the current application (I had system preferences open) all while you are back on the desktop.

Likewise, if I have system preferences open along with it's app specific commands, if I swipe over to Safari, the touchbar will go blank, system preferences commands, then to safari commands.

Basically, it seems as when you swipe to the next app, there's a brief hiccup in the touchbar that causes the previous app's commands to pop up before the current app's commands pop up.

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Doesn't happen for me. Perhaps a rare bug?

3. dallas112678 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Today I went to the apple store and tested it on quite a few TB MBP's. All of the MBP's with 10.12.1 had the issue I described. The MBP's with 10.12.2 did not have the issue.

Seems it was a software bug as I expected and looks to be fixed in 10.12.2