Touchbar unresponsive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djsxb9r, Dec 10, 2018.

1. djsxb9r macrumors newbie

djsxb9r

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 13 with Touch bar, 4 USB-C model. Yesterday the touch bar stopped responding to touch, the fingerprint reader for logging in works. Opening different applications displays the correct associated touch bar icons (options) but they just do not respond to touch. I so far have reset the NVRAM and SMC which failed to resolve this, I then did a backup and reinstalled MacOS which also failed to resolve this.

I use the laptop on my night stand at night, so hot/cold environment is not an issue nor is water or other physical damage been done.

I have a ticket with Apple open and taking the MacBook in tomorrow, however just curious if anyone has run into a similar issue..

Unfortunately my 1 year warranty expired on Nov 17th so I am not sure how they will proceed.

Ideas?

2. djsxb9r thread starter macrumors newbie

djsxb9r

Update: Took the Macbook to the apple store and will be shipping out for repair as they advised this is hardware related and covering this under a one time exception - out of warranty.

3. _Kiki_ macrumors 6502a

4. djsxb9r thread starter macrumors newbie

djsxb9r

I was quoted $479.00... However after escalating this up and being less than 2 weeks out of warranty they will be covering the repair for free.

5. Airboy1466 macrumors 6502

Airboy1466

You have a pretty sweet deal then now I’m ultra glad I have applecare+