Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dKran

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
So i have not jailbroken my touch yet (mostly becuase no stores near me have them yet, so i can't even get it lol) I was just wondering what the best GUI Jailbreaker is. I see that the new Touchfree automatically installs summerboard, is this the newest version?

also, which program have people been having the most success with?
thanks a lot for the help

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Do you have both Windows and Mac OS available? They are each for a different system. The one for OS X is adding automatic install of iPhone apps in the near (very near) future, also.

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
So i have not jailbroken my touch yet (mostly becuase no stores near me have them yet, so i can't even get it lol) I was just wondering what the best GUI Jailbreaker is. I see that the new Touchfree automatically installs summerboard, is this the newest version?

touchfree for windows
ijailbreaker for mac

iNeurox

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2007
Montréal
Dude...

TouchFree is for Windows. iJailBreak is for Intel Macs.

So if you're on an Intel Mac, do it with iJailBreak and if you're on a PC, do it with TouchFree.

(PS : iJailbreak will become available for PPC tonight, when AriX releases version 0.3.0 of iJailBreak)

dKran

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
yeah, i realize they are on different OS's (sorry if i wasn't clear)
i was just wondering which one i should use (I have OS X, as well as XP via Bootcamp), so yeah, just wondering which is better to use, which one has less problems and stuff.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
i was just wondering which one i should use (I have OS X, as well as XP via Bootcamp), so yeah, just wondering which is better to use, which one has less problems and stuff.
Wait until later tonight when iJailbreak comes out for OS X. It will be able to (not required) automatically install iPhone apps as well as fix most of the bugs from v .2. There's no need to torture yourself while waiting for Windows to boot...

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007

touch free worked fine for, but I would use the comand prompt version since you don't have to install anything

dKran

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
thanks for the reply's.

i'm thinking that i will go with iJailbreak, just since it seems to be working well for you guys, and i could probably finish the jailbreak before XP finishes startup lol.

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007

i didnt answer the second part of you question, yes it is the alpha release of the newest summerboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.