Touchfree or iJailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dKran, Oct 15, 2007.

1. dKran macrumors member

So i have not jailbroken my touch yet (mostly becuase no stores near me have them yet, so i can't even get it lol) I was just wondering what the best GUI Jailbreaker is. I see that the new Touchfree automatically installs summerboard, is this the newest version?

also, which program have people been having the most success with?
    thanks a lot for the help

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Do you have both Windows and Mac OS available? They are each for a different system. The one for OS X is adding automatic install of iPhone apps in the near (very near) future, also.

3. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

touchfree for windows
    ijailbreaker for mac

4. iNeurox macrumors member

Dude...

TouchFree is for Windows. iJailBreak is for Intel Macs.

So if you're on an Intel Mac, do it with iJailBreak and if you're on a PC, do it with TouchFree.

(PS : iJailbreak will become available for PPC tonight, when AriX releases version 0.3.0 of iJailBreak)

5. dKran thread starter macrumors member

yeah, i realize they are on different OS's (sorry if i wasn't clear)
    i was just wondering which one i should use (I have OS X, as well as XP via Bootcamp), so yeah, just wondering which is better to use, which one has less problems and stuff.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Wait until later tonight when iJailbreak comes out for OS X. It will be able to (not required) automatically install iPhone apps as well as fix most of the bugs from v .2. There's no need to torture yourself while waiting for Windows to boot...

7. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

touch free worked fine for, but I would use the comand prompt version since you don't have to install anything

8. iNeurox macrumors member

Well, I'd probably use iJailbreak 'cause I've seen a tutorial on Youtube showing how easy it is to Jailbreak your Touch with ijailBreak.

If you wanna see it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmP3hvs5P9I

Hope this helps.

9. dKran thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply's.

i'm thinking that i will go with iJailbreak, just since it seems to be working well for you guys, and i could probably finish the jailbreak before XP finishes startup lol.

10. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

i didnt answer the second part of you question, yes it is the alpha release of the newest summerboard