iPad TouchID for Passwords Only?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lukeyy19, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

Hi guys, after getting my iPad Air this is my first TouchID device, it is superbly useful as a replacement for passwords, on iTunes and the App Store for example, but I've never liked using a passcode to unlock my iPad, as I don't mind if someone else uses my iPad as it never leaves my house so it's just family and friends so now I have to unlock it before they can use it. And when I'm using it, it just adds an extra step of annoyance if I forget to unlock with the sensor and I swipe and it doesn't unlock before I touch my finger in the home button again.

So I'd rather turn off TouchID and Passcode for unlocking but I can't figure a way to have no TouchID/Passcode on unlock while retaining the use of TouchID on iTunes and the App Store, it seems to be both or nothing.

Is this not possible or am I missing something?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Turn TouchID on, then turn it off for unlock screen while leaving it on for App Store / Apple Pay. Then scroll down to the time option, and set the time until it requires your passcode to the maximum, which I believe is four hours.

Not the ideal configuration, but it's good enough, I suppose.