TouchID lock - Immediatly?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EvanLugh, Sep 19, 2014.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

For some reason, i can only select TouchID/Passcode lock for 'immediately'.

Ideally i'd like it to come on after half an hour or an hour.
    Is this a bug?
    iPhone 6.

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

No its not a bug, its been like that since touchid was introduced with the iphone 5s.

Once your used to it it takes no longer to unlock than it did previously. You press the homebutton and then release but don't lift your finger off until touchid is registered.

3. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

4. mintakax macrumors regular

What is the reasoning behind only allowing Touch ID for 'immediately' ?

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

Who knows Apple's actual reasoning, but my guess is that they think the majority of people "wake" an iPhone by pressing the home button, so why not have the iPhone locked all-of-the-time and just use Touch ID to authenticate them every time they "wake" it?

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Because when you have touch ID, you don't have to worry about taking time to type in a passcode, and anyone who takes your phone isn't going to be able to get into it.

I used to set my passcode on 15 minutes just because if I locked and then had to use my phone again really quickly, it was a pain to type in my password. With touchID i literally just have my finger on the home button for 2 seconds and I'm in instantly.

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Took me about half a day to get used to it, but I love that feature now.

8. terraphantm macrumors 68040

The way apple implemented the feature, touchid won't unlock the phone unless the passcode is required. So if it didn't require the passcode inmediately, you'd have to slide to unlock

9. mintakax macrumors regular

I love the Touch ID for purchases but I really don't need my screen locked at all.
    As it stands now the best combo for me is the " 4 hour option ", but I have to type in passcode. I wish I could use Touch ID with 4 hour option.
    Kind of doesn't make sense that i can not.