TouchID on 6s\6s+ Slower After Jailbreak 9.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chriscrowlee, Oct 20, 2015.

1. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Bit disappointed here. Something with the jb seems to have affected the Touch ID sensor. I have 3 devices, all restored to stock, (iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPad Mini 4), and all have this issue.

When I press the home button, if I leave my thumb on it for 1-2 seconds, it'll unlock, but if I press and release like normal, it sometimes takes a second press\touch in order to unlock the phone.

I've read about people having issues with the TouchID sensor lagging when using Activator, but my issues replicated on all devices are happening even on stock iOS.

Not sure what else to do, have several friends experiencing the same issue. It's driving me batty. The iOS 9.0.2 icon tap lag is annoying enough as it is. I figured 9.0.1 or .2 would have resolved that... not sure which is worse, the Touch ID lag on jailbreak, or the stock lagginess on tapping apps.

2. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

You should download the tweak NoSlowAnmiations. Seems to help. Or, you can go back to stock and try the public 9.1 beta 5. It solves that problem ;)

3. chriscrowlee thread starter macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

I have NoSlowAnimations, always have used it. Helps the perception of a laggy phone, as it has for years... but the issue here is twofold. One is the generally sluggish response when launching idle apps (ie when you tap mail it takes a half second to respond to your tap) ... that'll be fixed with an iOS update in the future. The more major issue here I'm talking about is the actual responsiveness issue of touchID after jailbreak.

4. themyst macrumors 6502

I gotta press the home button while touching the sensor after a fresh respring for it to work, but after that, my sensor seems to work just as fast as it were unjailbroken.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Works just like before here. i did do a fresh DFU install on the 5S, but on the 6S I just jb normally. No issues in both.

6. hemi38ram macrumors newbie

my touch ID seems to be working better after the JB.. before it hardly wanted to read my thumb prints.. now it's working every time with no lag

7. elliottfamily5 macrumors member

Following a reboot or respring my Touch ID will not unlock my phone. Works fine though when waking from sleep. No biggie, just is what it is.

8. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

That's because after a reboot you have to input your passcode and then it will work after that ;)

9. elliottfamily5 macrumors member

Actually following a reboot, if I tried touch ID it would kick me over to passcode saying something like "passcode needed after reboot." Now it won't even do that...it just sits there on LS until I swipe to passcode. But you are right, passcode was always required after reboot.

10. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

You should have went into settings, Touch ID and keep touching the finger print sensor so that it will keep learning your print and also move your finger a little bit each time so it learns more of your finger. It makes the finger print reader much better.

11. chriscrowlee thread starter macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

It reads just as quick, there's just significant LAG between when it accepts it and when the screen pops up. Just like if the phone has been sitting idle for a while and I tap mail it's like a 1 second lag. Many reports of it online.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Pushing the home button solves this. It'll immediately read. No need to swipe.

As far as the speed goes, mine is just as fast as it was before the jailbreak and I wish I had your issue. I miss being able to hit my home button to read my notifications.