Touching the top black line kills WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by the_wallcrawler, Jun 25, 2010.

1. the_wallcrawler macrumors regular

Probably already figured out and posted, but I've noticed that touching the top black line kills WiFi.

Such a shame these signal issues because the phone is a home run otherwise IMO.

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

3. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Not on mine it didn't. Lol people will complain about ****ing everything. Can't you people just be happy for once??

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

so its my understanding that the iPhone only works 100% that was it suppose to when its in your pocket or sitting on your desk.

5. admanimal macrumors 68040

I would be shocked if this was actually a widespread issue, unlike the cell signal issue which obviously is real.

I can touch anywhere on my phone and verify in real time that the WiFi signal does not change even 1db (using Airport Utility). I do have almost immediate and total cell signal loss if I touch the left band.

6. the_wallcrawler thread starter macrumors regular

Seems you have the highest blood pressure in this thread

7. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

More evidence of windmill chasing.

I think touching the speaker kills gaming, I was playing Tiger Woods and hit the ball into the bunker when I touched the speaker. Quick, let's make a YouTube video and spread BS all over the internet about this "flaw". :mad:

8. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

9. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

If Apple took more time to create a device that worked (regardless of where you touch it) it wouldn't be a problem! Some people paid 800 bucks! Don't you think if you're going to pay that much it should be PERFECT????

10. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

If I touch the front of the camera lens the picture comes out black...WHAT THE HELL APPLE??!?!

11. the_wallcrawler thread starter macrumors regular

Well mileage may vary, but it is 100% reproducible on my phone. I haven't checked the airport utility but I don't really need to. Bars drop to zero and can no longer load pages. Remove finger, 5 seconds or so later and I'm back in business.

12. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    lol, windmill chasing. Go back to the other thread and defend your asinine statements instead of accusing someone who's clearly being sarcastic of 'chasing windmills.'

Pathetic.

13. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

14. Neil1138 macrumors regular

lol

15. admanimal macrumors 68040

What kind of router do you have and is it using b/g or n?

16. Gagoots macrumors regular

It's great that Apple can make millions of dollars off of their mistake, and then only offer the solution in one color until further notice.

17. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Appl product arn't prfct, tak for xampl my MacBook Pro' brokn kyboard. :rolleyes: A good raon to kill th whol paintd aluminum ky thing.

18. -PsYcHoNoVa- macrumors member

The OP is BS'ing. Obviously just trying to be funny due to all the reception threads. Do not take this post as fact or truth.

19. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Complaints so far:
    -Holding the phone with your left hand = Signal Drop

-Touching the top of the top black lines = Kills WiFi

-If you touch the antenna band with sweaty hands = You will be Shocked (literally) (yes, someone did post on this board that they have been shocked when then picked up phone with wet hands)

-Touching the front of the lens = Black pictures (this one was just for fun, but still true)

20. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Successful troll is successful.

21. Gagoots macrumors regular

Yes, but he referenced Don Quixote.

22. the_wallcrawler thread starter macrumors regular

No I'm dead serious. Could just be my phone, but it is happening with 100% reproduction right now.

And just to clarify for the numb nuts who will inevitably post - I'm not bitching/complaining/whatever. I'm simply posting my experience.

23. the_wallcrawler thread starter macrumors regular

Airport extreme. Believe it is on the allow b/g setting even though everything on my network is n.